Friday, October 12, 2007

The Knot Network

Last night I had the pleasure of attending The Knot's annual industry party hosted by Tracy Urena. The event was held at the awesome American Visionary Art Museum. Denise & I met a lot of great event planners and photographers and found it interesting to learn about their experiences in the business as well as how they conduct their own businesses. This networking event had some good eats and a cool atmosphere. I hope we can attend more events like this one!

So some of you may be wondering if I'll ever advertise in The Knot. For now, the answer is NO, but maybe I will in the not so distant future. I think it's a good tool to use to gain exposure, but not necessarily to clients directly. I believe advertising in general adds credibility to your business in the eyes of other vendors such as event planners, which could lead to more clients. But for that to work, planners must like working with you to begin with. Word-of-mouth/referrals are still the best form of marketing for my business. If you go to a Borders book store, take a look at the magazine aisle where all the bridal magazines are. You'll find an endless supply of advertising and tear sheets scattered on the racks and on the floor (lol). Would I really want to invest hundreds of dollars a month just so my logo and slogan can get lost in that mess?

Ah, I think not.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures look great!!!!! :)