Sunday, November 18, 2007

Autumn Color

We took advantage of some free time this afternoon at Allen Pond to capture some Fall color before it goes away. I've been too busy to make the drive out to Shenandoah where the colors are always so much more spectacular. But the local foliage isn't too bad as you can see. Sunset was around 4:50pm today, we shot these between 4:15 and 4:30pm. This is why I tell my clients about the afternoon light before sunset! You get nice directional and softer light. I also learned again how much I LOVE my Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS zoom lens! My Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L wide angle lens totally rocks, but the 70-200mm always wins me over. All photos were photographed with my Canon 5D & 70-200 lens.






Not the most photogenic landscape, but I wanted to show the colors

Had to get some "wildlife" photography in, haha


I really love my ladies!

Yes, she smiles A LOT. I'm a lucky dad (and photographer!), haha!



4 comments:

Erin Harvey said...

I sure do miss those vibrant colors. They usually equal cold tho. And yes, the 70-200 is fabulous.

Jennifer Lusby said...

Your daughter is so beautiful. =)

Melissa Jill :) said...

Love these Armin! Man, I miss Fall :).

amanda said...

Uncle Armin:

OMG the colors are sooo RADIANT..and Aunt Denise and Jordan are great subjects..lol I love these pictures.