Saturday, November 24, 2007

Fun Photos at Night

I had some fun with photography last night. At around 9:00 pm, Nathan & I took his flashlight out to a nearby soccer field to play around with camera settings. Light sources were the full moon and about 2 to 3 streetlights about 50 yards away. I asked him to wield his flashlight in a figure 8 shape, but I guess he got a little excited and just went crazy with circles, haha!

The images were taken with my 5D & 24-70 lens. 8 seconds is pretty long for the shutter to be open so the camera can capture as much light as possible. No wonder Nate is such a blur, lol.

I used a high ISO setting here (more sensitive to light)
Shutter speed: 8 seconds
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO: 1600


Here I used a lesser ISO setting
Shutter speed: 8 seconds
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO: 500


0 comments: