Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Erin J Photo!


Today I spent some time with an awesome and talented photographer - Erin of ERIN J PHOTO in Alexandria, VA. We talked business at her home while our kids played and listened to Baby Einstein :) We enjoyed learning more about each other and how we work within our industry. One of the things we agree on about the DC/Baltimore market is the minimal camaraderie among photographers. Erin & I agree that the wedding and portrait photography business has changed, as well as our client expectations. I feel the digital age has a lot to do with that. The traditional methods and cut-throat competition seems to do more harm than good. I believe networking with fellow photographers enhances our value in the market by sharing our knowledge and learning from one another. As a result, our clients will benefit from that, and in turn, so will our businesses.

I love Erin's work, her photos show great moments and real personality. I asked Erin to be one of my second shooters in a few upcoming weddings this year. I really look forward to working with her! So check out Erin's work and blog and leave her some blog love!

3 comments:

Erin J. Photography Blog said...

Thanks for the love!

Dawn Shields said...

Armin,

You are so right! Everybody gets to caught up in the race to book the bride and forgets that other photographers are our best friends in this business. Kudos to you for bringing your photography community together!

jamie said...

We have a monthly photography get together for DC/MD/VA photographers... let me know if you'd like an invite or if you know anyone who would like to hang out with us!

Jamie