Sunday, February 24, 2008

My New Friends from the South, Kim & "Squeak"

Last Friday in the midst of a messy, cold, icy and rainy day, I made some wonderful new friends. Kim flew to D.C. from Texas to meet up with her boyfriend John, a.k.a. "Squeak". John is an Army engineer based in Louisiana and is currently detailed to Walter Reed Medical Center. Kim is a wedding photographer and fellow OSP'er from Houston. Kim told me that she & Squeak have been wanting to have their own lifestyle photo shoot for quite a while and decided now is the time before he deploys for Iraq. I was so honored that Kim commissioned me for this special session. She is one of the most friendliest and fun-loving people I know, and we had such a great time planning this shoot as it was to be a surprise for Squeak. When I finally met Squeak & saw them interact, I could easily see why they're together, they are just plain goofy and totally into each other! They shared a sense of humor and romance, and it was a blast trying to capture that. Their chemistry overcame the dreary day and indoor lighting challenges.

Enough talk, enjoy some of my favorite images & a sweet slideshow I made for them :)





This is a shot I got of them coming to meet me for the first time at Union Station


Aww... Vans shoes!



Laughing was never hard to come by between these too








Eventually security told us to stop taking pictures in the shopping area of Union Station, but we were allowed to photograph in the atrium and outside. The cold did not deter these two from having fun :)







Clearly they are romantics, this shot was like right out of a chick flick, lol.
That's a member of the USAF Color Guard in the background



It was fun keeping up with them!



Here they steal a moment for themselves



The National Gallery or Art is definitely worth a visit if you're ever nearby!



The real lil' Kim, haha!








Time to head outside, love the light in this shot



We had fun under light drizzle shooting around the mirrors outside the Art Gallery.



"...me in action!"



Kim told me she was quite nervous being on the other side of the camera, but she got more relaxed throughout the shoot and had a fun time



...see what I mean?






Thanks Kim & Squeak for letting me have the chance to photograph your lifestyle session. And Squeak, be safe in Iraq, watch your six, and return home safe!

8 comments:

david & kimi baxter said...

lovin the vans and the squishy face shot. these looked so fun! many blessings to the men and women in our military! God Bless and take care out there squeak!

Erin Harvey said...

Awesome, awesome shoot Armin! The indoor shots were really cool with the grand stairs and the outside shots with the big coats were fun too. Kim is beautiful and they look so in love =) Lots of great colors in the dreary weather. Great work and can't wait to see you in less than a week!

kimerly said...

Armin... We are so in love with these pictures! You captured us as we are and that's all I wanted. Thank you for spending the day with us and capturing the short time that we have together in such a beautiful way! It was great getting to know you. You rock!

Kim

Dawnieb84@aol.com said...

Great Lighting!! From an OSP-er

MattDJ said...

Dude...you rocked these!

David Burke said...

I LOVE the Running up the Escalator Shot. Great job dude!

susan solo said...

Armin - these are all so darn cute! What a fantastic job. I know they'll love these for years and years.

Courtney Craver Photography said...

Looks like you had a blast with this couple! You had some really unique poses and ideas... I really like your work!