Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New Pal :)

Over the weekend I met up with my new friend Donna in DC to give her some "basic training" in photography. We had a blast right out of the gates! She felt she learned so much in a couple of hours - lighting, exposure, composition, and depth of field. We spent some time shooting indoors & outdoors. Here are some fun pics that I did for her ...

The lovely Donna!





We focused on composition and depth of field. Now check out Donna's work that she gave me permission to share. None of these were enhanced or processed. These are straight of her Nikon D40.







Not bad huh? Not bad! :)

And another attempt at a self-portrait... :) I had the lens zoomed in more than I wanted, but I liked the photo. Thanks Donna for letting me share my knowledge with you and giving you a chance to learn and enjoy photography even more!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Awwe... I'm soo glad for Donna she seems so eager to learn, and as we all know she is Gorgeous and looks great in pictures. Great Job..Kudos to you both!!!

Armin de Fiesta said...

Yeah, she's a great "student" and subject! She's pretty handy with that D40 :)

Chris Harvey said...

Donna got some great shots straight out of the camera, Armin! I can see the Armin training has already had a good effect as it does on each of your students including me!

david & kimi baxter said...

how awesome are you being so supportive of your fellow photogs. good for you armin!! many blessings to you and your business!

Erin Harvey said...

Great work Donna! You got some awesome shots right out of the camera. Welcome to the obsession that we call photography. =)

rebecca-linh said...

awesome awesome!!

take care!!