Monday, March 31, 2008

Thousands of Frames Per Second!

Back in my videography days, I was dying to experiment with Photron high speed cameras and capturing high speed video clips and playing them back in super slow motion! I never did get my hands on one :( Anyway, my friend and wedding planner extraordinaire Laura of Soiree Special Events showed me this YouTube video and I felt all nostalgic inside, lol.



Photron high speed video cameras record at thousands of frames per second and then replay in high resolution slow motions so you can see exactly what occurred and when. The technology has been around a while, but it's still WAY cool don'tcha think?

And y'all know my history with firearms so I couldn't leave this one out :)



And here's a little saucy slow-mo video where the last few seconds will leave a smile on your face...



;)

2 comments:

Noah Hayes said...

awesome videos. Imagine shooting a wedding with one of those. thousands of grains of rice bouncing off the bride and groom at thousands of frames per second would be awesome for a highlights video.

jaime Hood said...

That has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen.