Saturday, March 22, 2008

WPPI Part 2 :) ... a looonng post

The week started off for me when Pictage forum friends got together for dinner at the Ah Sin restaurant in Paris... yum! Jessica Del Vecchio & her admin did an excellent job coordinating the gathering - Thanks Jess!!




Sarah Hodzic of Blink Photography in DC is such a sweetheart! I loved getting to know her better, she's so fun to hang with.

Alex Abercrombie (Orange County, CA) and Chad Franz of Eclipse-Photography (Indianapolis, IN) are two talented photographers I had the pleasure of meeting at Ah Sin.


David Burke, Ray Santana ("uncle Ray"), Erin Harvey & I at the WPPI trade show... ;)
Thanks to Kenny Kim for letting me borrow this photo!


... borrowed this from Ray's blog :)



More photos, thanks to Kenny Kim! The photo booth was way too fun for any of us to pass up... it really brought out the best of us, ya think? ... poor Erin... David said it'll help build character, lol.


I think there were actually 8 of us in here!!
Top row (L-R): Kenny Kim, Julie Morris, David Burke, Shane Melenbacker
Bottom row (L-R): Erin Harvey, Me, Geoff Johnson, Erin Melenbacker (Shane's wife)



Lunch with Mary Beth Tyson and Amy Martin at Paris Hotel, thanks to Erin for the photo!



[b]ecker did some fun headshots outside the Paris Hotel


Mariah & Trish of Snap!Photography found me through my blogging. It was so awesome to meet them in person. Check out their fabulous work on their website, Snapri.com!!


The Bellagio has a pretty cool fountain show


Just a cool spot I wanted to shoot real quick inside Club Risque




Folks from the Digital Wedding Forums organized a wedding fashion shoot on Las Vegas Blvd.


Erin's new "man" that she met inside the Venetian hotel, lol


Outside the Luxor hotel

Inside the Luxor



THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay is where [b]ecker had his party



And of course [b]ecker had the trusty photo booth in his suite, complete with props!
Thanks to David Burke for this pic!


Love the night shots here!



New York, New York hotel resort on Las Vegas Blvd ... yes it's a real hotel :)


Outside Bally's Hotel



Caesar's Palace!



A view of Treasure Island hotel from the Venetian


Gondola rides happen inside the Venetian

Photo of the ceiling inside the Bellagio hotel


The Las Vegas monorail system makes getting around a little easier :)

Looking forward to WPPI 2009!!!

8 comments:

Jessica Del Vecchio said...

So fun hanging out with you Armin!! Vegas was so fun - can't wait to go back next year!!

Sarah Hodzic said...

Armin,
You guys really got around Vegas, I am so jealous!!!!!! Next time I am gonna have to tag along with you for a while.

Love the photos, they rock! And it was awesome to spend some time with you outside of DC.
Can't wait to get together in DC too!

Hugs,
Sarah

Erin Harvey said...

Wow you sure did get a lot of photos! I had such a great time hanging out with you in Vegas =) Oh and I hope you don't mind, I borrowed some photos for my blog since I slacked in taking my own :P I'll post some of my cityscapes soon.

David Burke said...

I totally slacked on taking photos! Maybe if I had a Boda Bag, I would have been better! Awesome times my friend.

David

Melissa Jill :) said...

Hey Armin! Looks like you had SO MUCH FUN!!! There is way too much craziness going on in this post I think :).

Susan Solo said...

WPPI through your eyes looks like SO much fun, Armin! I'm totally looking forward to going next year.

Alex Rodriguez said...

Hi Armin, it was great meeting you. Wish I had not been such a slacker and taken more shots. Good stuff, its now time to start planning for WPPI 2009. :)

Hennessey|G said...

Great job capturing the spirit and the images of WPPI. It goes to remind me that I have to plan now to make it next year. Your blog is as always insightful and entertaining. Thanks

I'll go back to lurking now

Hennessey