Friday, April 4, 2008

Michelle & Jared




I'm starting to catch up on some blogging! I don't think I'll be able to blog everything I'm working on though, but I HAD to share this because of the famous D.C. Cherry Blossoms!

The weather forecast was right! The Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom in DC the day I shot Michelle & Jared's engagement session. EVERYONE must've heard the weather reports because even at 8am there were so many tourists, camera crews, Willard Scott from the Today Show, and photographers around the Tidal Basin, the FDR and Thomas Jefferson Memorials. Not to mention we walked past several engagement photo sessions as well - no joke! None of this deterred me from accomplishing my goal - to get fun, beautiful images of Michelle & Jared who are indeed a charming and good looking couple! Jared proposed to Michelle here, not far from the FDR Memorial side of the Basin, so it's no surprise they wanted to come back to this special location. I'm so glad we got to spend time doing this. Get-to-know-you sessions really help break the ice between me and my couples, making the wedding day so much easier for photography. I look forward to seeing them again when I deliver their engagement guest book!

Now check out this fun little slideshow...you'll notice I was a bit inspired by my old video days. I shot some multiple frame segments to get a sense of motion that I'm always looking for :)







I managed to sneak a shot of Willard workin' it with some tourists, lol


Thank you Michelle & Jared for coming out early to avoid the crowds! Even though there were a lot of people, I cannot imagine what it'd be like in the afternoon! You guys did a fabulous job!

8 comments:

Jessica Del Vecchio said...

These are great Armin! Love it!

Anonymous said...

This has been one of my favorites so far! You are so talented, keep up the good work! LOVE YA Julie B

Peter Bang said...

beautiful man. these are outstanding. i'm planning on taking the family down there tomorrow. hopefully it's still nice.

Michelle said...

Thanks Armin! The shoot was so much fun and it was great to work with you! I can't wait for our bridal session :)

Erin J. Photography Blog said...

Those are fab! Can't wait to work with them, they are gorgeous!

Sarah Hodzic said...

Armin, these image are amazing! You did such a great job. What an eye you have!

The couple must have been blown away!!

david & kimi baxter said...

wow! always wanted to visit DC when the blossoms are blooming. absolutley awesome images armin!

Armin de Fiesta said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words!