Tuesday, April 1, 2008

One of My Favorite Places to Shoot is One of America's Most Overpriced!

Alexandria, VA - One of the top 5 overpriced home markets in the nation. Read the article on MSNBC. For a closer look, check out one of my prior blog posts of a photo shoot I did with Erin & Chris in Old Town Alexandria.



We all know the D.C. area has some of the wealthiest residents & counties in the country, but according to Forbes and the Today Show this morning, Alexandria, VA is in the TOP 5 among the most overpriced home markets in the nation. Now I've always known the relatively small homes in Old Town alone can cost upwards of up to $1 million+ (waterfront, hello?) and that Alexandria is an affluent city... but geez, my plans of moving back to Northern Virginia are already delayed since we (like everyone else) are struggling to sell our current home, and I'd rather not have two mortgages! LOL...

So how do I feel about all this?



But at least I'm having a healthy breakfast :)

8 comments:

Erin Harvey said...

You are a nut! But that's what we love about you =)

PSQuared said...

Yo Dog...How can you eat that stuff:-( You need some Colon Blow 3000;-)

david & kimi baxter said...

that last pic of you CRACKED me up man!

Sarah Hodzic said...

LOL! Good gosh that was funny.
Sorry to hear the slow housing market is keeping you from joining us up here. Have patience...it will happen! :D

JulMac said...

I was going to blog about this today too but haven't had time! Isn't that amazing? Honestly, I don't know how people do it! Esp my young couples who get married can't even afford this town, or this whole area! if I had not grown up here, I wouldn't be living here. Thankfully I have owned property in Alexandria since I was 24 and that helps me today! Hilarious pix of you!

hegreen said...

As someone who lives and owns a townhouse in Alexandria, this article is bittersweet. We got in on the ground floor of the housing market and are sitting pretty well now. My only concern is that we've had a couple of opportunities to leave due to work but if you leave at this point, you can never come back because of the differences in the housing markets.

Noah Hayes said...

Looking forward to when the housing market moves north where you live so you move south!

david & kimi baxter said...

haha armin, yah filipino lumpia. my mother in law makes some awesome lumpia :)