Friday, April 25, 2008

Tagged! 5 Embarassing Songs

Laura of Soiree Special Events tagged me... I gotta get her back for this, lol.

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you (in this case it's Laura) and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share
5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others you like and tell why.
3. Tag
7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Song #1:
"Wait" by White Lion. I'm a product of the 80's when high school was all about hair bands, tight leather pants, and who can bust out a killer guitar solo. People today say they love the 80's, to me it's like looking at embarrassing & awkward photos of me growing up. White Lion may not be the biggest 80's rock band, but I think they really encompass what was going on in the mid to late 80's in the pop-metal genre. If you know who they are, then you know what I mean :)



Song #2:
"Lost In Your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson. Okay I'll give you a minute to settle down from laughing hysterically rolling on the floor............. okay done? The truth is that I thought Debbie was the bomb and I thought all her music was pretty good. She was a talented singer-songwriter that knew how to produce hit songs that would result in a good return on investment. As a wannabe record exec back in the day, she would've been a dream product for me! She even shared ASCAP Songwriter of the Year Award 1989 with Bruce Springsteen! But with me being in a hard-rock/classic-rock band myself in high school, bubble-gum pop was sorta taboo in our social circles, lol. I never did own a Debbie Gibson cassette (does anyone still know what a cassette is? LOL), but whenever she came up on MTV, I was in love :) She was gorgeous... but dang she's lookin' even more stunning today!





Song #3:
"Dancing Queen" by ABBA. Growing up in Los Angeles in the 70's, my parents seemed to have a disco party almost every other weekend it seemed. And I came out of the decade with this spinning in my head! (And NO Paul, I will not do a lip sync video of this!)



Song #4:
"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson - c'mon who DIDN'T want to learn the moonwalk? His 80's Grammy performance of the song was off the hook! :) Here's his NYC 2001 performance...



Song #5: And of course
"Faith" by George Michael. It's really not a "favorite", but since I will be filming my highly anticipated lip-sync video next week I thought it deserved some mention. Here's a video highlight that was edited to include scenes from ABC's show "Eli Stone".



Okay... time to tag 7 people!

Erin Harvey
Noah Hayes
Julie Morris
David Burke
Sarah Hodzic
Paul Price
The Melenbackers

7 comments:

PSQuared said...

Back at ya Bro...Enjoy!

http://psquaredphotographic.blogspot.com/2008/04/i-just-got-tagged-ok5-embarassing-songs.html

JulMac said...

You do NOT have Debbie Gibson on your list! That beats my ELO! Loving this! I would have tagged you but darn....

david & kimi baxter said...

dude! pure awesome armin. ok i won't even comment on any of those songs due to possible blackmail.

Shane Melenbacker said...

Hey Armin, Thanks for the tag... I think! We'll be working on it and get it up soon:)

Sally Brewer Photography said...

I'm guessing you get to hear "Dancing Queen" a lot when you're working at all those receptions! :)

Elena said...

I still think Michael is the best! He would me in my 'songs that I'm proud of' list for sure :)

kawania said...

OK, you win. I think that this is the best list ever! I am laughing and singing at the same time!