Sunday, May 18, 2008

Comfortable Footwear for Photographers, "Shoes For Crews"


SHOES FOR CREWS! I love them!

No I am not a paid endorser, I just want to share my experience with my fellow readers that are on a neverending search for comfortable footwear when you're on your feet for several hours a day, like wedding photographers and event planners :)

I found out about these through a simple Google search a year ago. Shoes For Crews is marketed to employees in the restaurant and medical industry, among the most popular target markets for this shoe company. With non-slip soles and stable designs, it might be the shoe you are looking for if you're on your feet several hours at a time. Now they may not be the most stylish shoes, but I did find a nice looking pair of dress shoes that works well with my attire. If anyone knows of any other retailers that sell comparable footwear, please leave a comment about them!

After one year of evaluation I am happy to report that these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, next to my Magnum and Rocky boots that you can find at Galls.com. But those boots are marketed to police and Fire/EMS personnel. My shoes look great, yet are purpose built for the job. The non-slip sole is a plus because the last thing you want to do when shooting a wedding is lose your footing!






If anyone knows of any other retailers that sell comparable footwear geared towards on-your-feet-all-day work, please leave a comment about them!

12 comments:

Chris Harvey said...

Man! I just bought some new shoes for weddings from the Bass outlet. I like them though. But this site is cool. I'll definitely look into them next time I have to purchase for wedding season.

Denise M. Godfrey said...

I got a cute pair of black Sketchers that goes with my "wedding attire". They're comfy and flexible, non-skid, etc. But I'm bookmarking Shoes for Crews for my next pair... I'm willing to try anything!

Mary Beth Tyson Photography said...

Ugh! I'm so jealous of you boys! You can wear nice AND comfortable shoes! If we buy comfortable shoes they usually aren't so cute!

SoireeLaura said...

I've had really great luck with Kenneth Cole. The Nike/Cole Haan heels are supposed to be great too!

My uncle used to work as a caterer and swore by Eccos. I haven't tried them since they don't have a lot of attractive women's options but there's a bunch of professional-looking mens shoes there.

Great post! I'm sure all the event pros that read your blog appreciate the info.

hegreen said...

As a former restaurant manager, I can endorse the Shoes for Crews company. We asked that all of our staff purchase them. They are both relatively stylish and comfortable and the non slip factor will come in handy when the absent mnded caterer spills a gallon of water on the floor near your camera setup.

Great Post Armin

MattDJ said...

Dude, where were you three weeks ago?! I paid big bucks for a pair of Clarks and while they are VERY comfortable, I wouldn't say that I am 100% pleased. I'll be checking out SFC for future reference! :-)

Armin de Fiesta said...

LOL sorry I'm a little late Matt! Yeah Clarks are pretty nice too, Denise loves her pair and wears them when she works weddings with me.

Dawnieb84@aol.com said...

I actually use my birkenstocks work shoes. They arent pretty but at the end of the day my feet feel great!! Those look good too.

Tanya Perez said...

Now we need some comfortable shoes for girls! :)

Shane Melenbacker said...

Hey Armin, I'll take a look at Shoes for Crews but I would also fully recommend Ecco's. After 12 hours on my feet I don't even mind keeping them on. Take care bro...

Armin de Fiesta said...

There are some awesome recommendations here! Thanks so far to everyone that chimed in! Looks like I might have to take a look at some Ecco's too :) I also have a pair of Kenneth Coles (like Laura mentioned) that do very well for me too. And like Mary Beth and Tanya said, it's more of a challenge for women's footwear!

Dawnieb84@aol.com said...

Armin, lets start a business, we can call it shoot shoes for women. With added CF and Iphone holder.