Monday, May 26, 2008

Star Struck in D.C.!

On Memorial Day the family & I ran into some old friends. Johnny Depp, Denzel Washington, Beyonce, J-Lo, George Clooney, and of course a famous former military leader were in town :) There were so many other people, but I tried to keep this post short so I got a few photos to show you....



First here we are walking past the front of Denise's office building, Venable LLP.


Johnny Depp was kind enough to pose for a shot... Denise was smitten ;)


...but not as smitten as she was with J-Lo! Yummy ;) HAHA


I had to get into the action too. Beyonce and I were instant friends!


Ah yes, the one & only Denzel. This is for you Tira!
He said to tell you to have your people call his people so the two of you can do lunch.



Hey, I think Denise is such a flirt!



Denise is a nurturing person, here she is comforting General Lee...
Or is she about to smack him upside the head? LOL





Denise got caught in the middle of a political conversation




Nate took the podium and addressed the nation... Secret Service nearby


Then Hoover & Nate played good cop/bad cop with me


Meanwhile, Denise & Jordan were working the celebrity crowd


Nathan giving Tiger some encouragement


So you probably figured out we were at Madame Tussauds wax museum in D.C..
After a very fun time rubbing elbows with the Hollywood elite and people of power, we headed to Fuddruckers in China Town



Mmm...milkshake!



The weather was just perfect on Monday. We headed to Gravelly Point park near Reagan National Airport to watch the planes thunder over us... way cool :)



We love how low (and loud) the planes fly over us


To give some perspective, this image was shot full wide at 24mm with my 24-70mm lens


Oh and did I mention I got a new office ;)


.... hmmm... does that look like the White House lawn through the window?? :)

12 comments:

Elena said...

What a great story behind the images!!! too funny Armin :))) Thank you for making me laugh :)
Gorgeous family!

Erin Harvey said...

I have always wanted to take a pic of the underside of a plane. On my commute I drive right under them all the time. Dude, I almost believed the Johnny Depp pic...

Denise M. Godfrey said...

I didn't know DC got a Tussauds! We have been to the ones in Vegas and NY. I'll have to see if I can dig up those pictures.... Good times!

Alex Rodriguez said...

Sweet office....

Amy L. Reamy said...

What a fun day! Denise is hilarious! LOL. :)

Ricki Ford said...

Very funny pictures here man. I love your work by the way.

david & kimi baxter said...

HAHA! you got me! i was all, "wow, j-lo is pretty liberal with her butt!" that was awesome!

Noah Hayes said...

Johhny Depp looked pretty real, but I was thinking "Why is he so upset about taking a picture"? By the time you had the J-Lo picture...the jig was up, lol

Amanda said...

Armin:

I am soo jealous... lol looks like u guys had a great time...YAY

Mel said...

LOL! You guys were in rare form being "animated." I loved the pics!

Julie said...

Hilarious!

Sarah Hodzic said...

That last image has me in stitches Armin!!!!
Freaking funny man!