Thursday, June 12, 2008

So Many Emails... But Some are Spam! Any Filter Suggestions?

So I just looked at my Inbox and I think this is the most unread emails I've ever had... 142!

Most of the emails look legit. But 25% of it looks like "new" junk mail I need to filter out. I know I've been reminding myself to get on the ball and get a good spam filter software. I've just been busy focusing on growing my business and life, that I just didn't make time for any research on killing spam, lol.

Soooo....Has anyone tried Spam Arrest? It looks pretty good, I might give it a try. Any other suggestions for spam filters, please leave me a comment!



5 comments:

Alex Rodriguez said...

Dude hands down the best thing I ever did was move my domain email to Google Apps. I still get branded email at my domain and get the best SPAM filter anywhere. Check it out. The best part is its free! I think its www.google.com/a

Also the shared calendar is brilliant.

Alex

Chris Harvey said...

I agree! Google Spam filter rocks. Also, the calendar is great too. You can share your calendar with other photogs or friends. Gotta love it. If you are wondering why you get so much SPAM, a lot of that is because you have your email address right on your splash page. All the bots find that easily and add it to their SPAM database. If you just have it in your flash site, you would be a lot better off. Just my technical 2 cents.

Armin de Fiesta said...

Wow I didn't even know Google can do that with your domain email!! I'll have to check it out. Thanks A-Rod!

Chris, I took my email off my splash page... we'll see if there's any change. Although it might be too late, lol.

Kimberly Brooke said...

i am also thinking of doing the branded google switch...

i will say that i heard of a great idea recently: declaring "email bankruptcy" Basically you email everyone in your contacts and tell them you are declaring email bankruptcy, your inbox has gotten out of control and you are wiping everything to get control of you email life. If they have an important email to you in the past X weeks or months, ask them to resend it (you know they have it in their massive sent folder anyway) and you can respond to it then.

kinda risky, but what a feeling to start over....

Armin de Fiesta said...

Kim, I've thought about that strategy too! LOL. I took a look at Google apps, once I figure out how it actually works I'll decide then. It's just so frustrating getting all this junk mail.