Monday, July 21, 2008

Comment Here if YOU Like Gelato!



Penny Chocolates & Gelato is an incredibly delicious shop in Montgomery County! The last time I had gelato was in Miami at the Dolce Vita, so it was awesome to refresh my memory of how much I enjoyed it the first time. If you don't know what gelato is, it is this:

Gelato, or the plural Gelati, is Italian ice cream made from milk and sugar, combined with other flavorings. The gelato ingredients (after an optional pasteurization) are frozen while stirring to break up ice crystals as they form. Like high-end ice cream, gelato generally has less than 35% air, resulting in a denser and more flavourful product.

There you have it! Now head on over to Penny's and try the Coffee Chip, Mango, Pineapple, or the Mint Swirl... words cannot describe how good they taste. AND the chocolate chip cookies we took home taste like they were made in heaven, they're just about as good as Denise's! hehe ... GO visit Penny Chocolates & Gelato!


It was so good, Nathan & I finished 'em up before we could even get a photo of the gelato.
So all you see here are our empty cups!



Nathan also took home some white chocolate covered pretzels...
he's already chowing down on one in this picture, lol... awesome!




7 comments:

Peter Bang said...

cool! i love i need to take my fam. to check it out! thanks!

hegreen said...

That's a lot of comments. Who doesn't like Gelato. Never touched the stuff before I went to a wedding in Italy, now I never pass up an opportunity to get some. Penny's is great. Glad you got an opportunity to stop by there.

Sarah Hodzic said...

Armin, you ROCK!
What a great post.
I still have yet to post about Penny Chocolates on my blog... and I work there (for now). How bad is that?
:D

I am SOOOO glad you liked it.
And I am so glad the kids enjoyed themselves.
Next time you guys swing by let me know, if I am there maybe I can give you guys a tour and you can see how the chocolate and gelato is made.

lilzowe2004 said...

Armin:

That's a totally awesome post!! Looks like the whole family had fun!! I am gonna try this place out. Thanks.

Emily said...

I like Jordan's pigtails. :)

Elena said...

Looks like you had an amazing time with your family, I love gelato ice cream

Gina Leigh said...

Hmmm. Sounds yummy!