Friday, August 29, 2008

Allison & Bill ...with Sarah Hodzic of BlinkDC



First! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our friend
DAVID JAY!

If you're on Facebook, leave him a birthday message!


Okay on to business =)




This is a great post for my dear friend Sarah who I enjoyed shooting with at the National Cathedral for Allison & Bill's wedding on August 16th.





When I have the time, I make an effort to shoot with my friends. I am a big advocate for networking with other photographers. It really builds the relationship and rapport. Not to mention friendship! There's fun, food, laughs, and you get to pick on your friends at the wedding =)

One thing to say about the wedding photographic community in DC... it's changing. Last night I was so proud to see my friends and make new ones at David Jay's Free To Succeed seminar and show how DC has a growing community of like-minded photographers willing to share knowledge, get together, have fun, refer each other work, and help each other with directions when they get lost on the way to the seminar (that's for you Kim my dear! HA!). It's good for business... it's good for the soul. I don't see what the big deal is and why some photographers just don't do it. But to each their own =)

There isn't enough I can say about Sarah. She's sweet, charming, intelligent, great with her clients, and so fun to work with. Not to mention she makes some AWESOME gelato and other tasty goodies at Pennys Chocolates! Thanks Sarah for another great shoot!

Visit Sarah's blog post about Allison & Bill's wedding for more great images and leave her some love! She didn't quite blow this shoot out of the water like she wanted to..... nope......she freakin' parted the Atlantic!!! I really think this should be submitted as a magazine feature. Perfect couple, stunning location, full of emotions, perfect moments, awesome composition, tasty light... a great wedding.

Okay without further ado, images from the wedding!

First are just a few of my favs I shot for Sarah's studio ... www.blinkdc.com!









And a few more I shot for Sarah and borrowed from Sarah's blog ;)





While Sarah was with the girls, I focused on the guys being guys...




And the sparkers-send-off shot! These are always a hoot to shoot!



Thanks Sarah for bringing me along, and thanks Allison & Bill!

7 comments:

Sarah Hodzic said...

Awww shucks Armin, it's always fantastic you have you along!
You do a killer job and there is never a dull moment.

Thanks for being speed racer!!

Emily said...

I love love love the picture with the bride's veil over the tree branch. It's beautiful!

Noah Hayes said...

Dude, thats gotta be THE premiere place in DC to get married, it's just amazing architecture and ambiance! As always, stunning photos!

hegreen said...

Great photos all around for you and Sarah. Man that must have been a great place to shoot.

Keep up the Great work!

sandra s. said...

Awwww....I love Sarah :)

ohana photographers-david and kimi said...

awesome job by both of you!!

Elena said...

Gorgeous work Armin! These images are amazing!!! I think I am starting to sound like an old record, but that's the way it is :)