Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Images of Shelby Leigh!

Photographers can be challenging to work with IN FRONT of the lens, lol. Even I can be pretty camera shy, go figure! But as part of my business, I like my blog readers and website visitors to know who I am... and that requires pictures of me... ugh, lol. But I don't have to go at it alone!

I recently had the opportunity to work with my friend and fellow wedding photographer, Shelby Leigh! But we weren't working for a bride or a portrait client, we were "working" for each other! Actually it wasn't really work to either of us because we were just having a blast around Annapolis snapping some fun new shots of each other that we could use for our portfolios. I chose Shelby because her style is much different than mine and I cannot wait to see what she came up with! UPDATE: Shelby posted some of me on her blog, check 'em out! I actually look pretty decent, haha! Her work is awesome isn't it? =)


I wanted to show Shelby as fun, fresh, and beautiful, just like her brand and image. I don't care what you say Shelby, you are! LOL! She's also one of the sweetest and nicest people I know. Not to mention she's got a strong business sense to her... hmmm, sounds like another "Leigh" girl I know =) This soon-to-be 21 year old is a real talent and LOVES what she does for a living. Her work is amazing! Be sure to check out her site and blog to get to know her a little better.








After I finished my session with Shelby, she changed into some jeans & a t-shirt and turned her lens on me!
Stay tuned for those images coming soon!

UPDATE: Check out some of the pics she took of me on her blog, and leave her some love!



15 comments:

Susan Solo said...

Armin! Shelby looks A. Ma. Zing. I love love LOVE that picture of her in front of the door. And the ones of her walking down the street - you really captured her personality!

laura kay photography said...

awesome shoot armin! i love it!!!

jennifer hunter photography said...

Awesome shots of the lovely Shelby!;-) How fun!And Annapolis is such a colorful place to shoot!

Armin DeFiesta said...

Wow y'all are fast on the blog love! HAHA, THANK YOU THANK YOU! I love working with Shelby... and I'm already thinking of a Round 2 of shooting if she's game... c'mon Shelby you know you wanna =) hmmm TTD session maybe? ;)

Erin Harvey said...

Gorgeous! Love all the great colors. Now I see why you were so excited about this post. =)

AP said...

Great shots Armin; She looks great in every shot. Annapolis is beautiful … I sure need to film it one of these days.

Elena said...

I keep saying WOW!!! But you knock me out, amazing images! And she is gorgeous!
I am planning similar session with my friend photographer next week, wonder how it will turn out :)

kimberlybrooke said...

great job, armin!!! definitely captured her personality!!

Erin J. Photography Blog said...

Those are hot! I love shooting in Annapolis....

Alex Rodriguez said...

Sweet shots man, cant wait to see more.

Kimberly Brooke Photographic said...

Pretty Lady!!!!

Love the photos, those black and whites look extra creamy.

Great work!!!

lil kim

Kimberly Brooke Photographic

Beth said...

another note. i must "tighten up" and get myself together and have you do a shoot. these are GORGEOUS. Not that she is not gorgeous to begin with....

cici said...

Hi Armin

My name is cici, me and my boyfriend is planning getting married next year here in UK, out of interest I started to look at wedding pictures on internet and accidently bump into your site and there after I've been a great fan of your pictures. Let me just say I love your work there is such nice pictures especially the wedding once some of them I can even feel the emotions there in the wedding.

I always love photographs and just recently entered the canon DSLR world, just out of interest can I ask what lens do you use to take picture of Shelby? they looks really nice.

Sorry for leaving such a long message but I do have a question I wanted to ask a professional photographer. I currently have a canon 40D with 85mm 1.2 and 24-70mm 2.8, I read about 24-70mm 2.8 is a slightly wider angel lens but when it attached on my 40D I just couldn't feel the "wide-ness" of the picture, would you say because of the mechine? and the wide angel aspect will only show on a full frame camera such as 5D and 1D?

Wish you could answer my question, thank you very much in advance.

Armin de Fiesta said...

Cici, thanks for your kind words. And congratulations on your engagement!

The 40D sensor is smaller than a typical 35mm sensor (a.k.a., full-frame) that's found in the 5D. Therefore your images will look "cropped", known as the the crop factor. For more info, visit http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/

I used my Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS and 85mm f/1.8 lenses for Shelby's photo shoot.

If you have any further questions, email me at arminphoto@gmail.com.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Asim Soofi said...

I'm in love with Shelby :)

Shots look great Armin!