Wednesday, October 1, 2008

DC Photographers GTG, with Gene Higa too!

Last night about 25 of us, all photographers (mostly wedding) met up for dinner at Gordon Biersch in Tysons Corner. It was a noisy bunch, but so was the bar since a Redskins show was being filmed in that part of the restaurant. Everyone had a great time mingling, networking, catching up with old friends & making new ones. Gene Higa, one of the top 10 wedding photographers in the world, was in town shooting an e-session and made time to join us for dinner. It was great to chat with him for a bit to see what he's up to these days. I look forward to seeing him speak at WPPI in Vegas... plus he owes me dinner, lol.

Thanks to Noah for the pic! Visit his Facebook for more photos.


3 comments:

Marta Locklear Photography said...

I so need to meet up with you all! Let me know the next time you all get together. Hennessey and I have shot together twice now...I will have to get him for not letting me know :). It was nice meeting you at Free to Succeed.

Chris Harvey said...

So cool to have a great meetup like that. Gene showing up was a nice cherry on top.

Sally Brewer Photography said...

Looks like you had fun. I'm sorry I couldn't make it. :)