Tuesday, January 20, 2009

White House Official Photographer, Pete Souza and Sen. Bennett's Quote About Wedding Photography =)

Whether you are a supporter or not of the new President, whether you agree or disagree with the policies & agendas, you can't help but appreciate the impact of today's historical Inauguration. Denise, Jordan & I were glued to CNN and enjoyed observing this morning's festivities down at the National Mall & US Capitol during the swearing in ceremony. It was simply amazing to watch the historic event today that was happening 20 minutes away from my house. The crowds stretched 2 miles from the Capitol building all the way to the Lincoln Memorial! If Jordan was older, she, Denise & I would've been up and on the Metrorail by 4am! The crowds were incredible, the energy level was contagious. And after hearing day after day about all the planning that went into this event, it was overwhelming seeing it all come together. As a photographer, it's my job to document historic moments in my client's family history - their wedding day. So I have an understanding of how important it must be for the chief White House photographer to be documenting historic moments in our nation's history.

Pete Souza was the White House photographer for Ronald Reagan's second term, so he's no stranger to the job. He now has the honor of taking on that role again for President Barack Obama. Pete shoots with two Canon 5D's and various Canon lenses. I love my 5D =)

Ann Curry interviews Pete in this MSNBC video clip with some never before seen photos of President Barack Obama from his days as a junior Senator to the present. Watch the video and let me know what you think.


And I'd like to close this post by something Senator Bennett of Utah said at the Inaugural luncheon. Just before presenting the Inaugural photos to President Obama Senator Bennett said, "as the father of 6, 4 of whom are girls, I've learned that the most memorable occasion, the wedding, is never solidified until the photos have been taken." He then presented the Inaugural photos to President Obama & Vice President Biden.

I have to agree with Bennett =)



4 comments:

kennykimdotcom said...

Armin I agree with you about the last statement about it being not solidified until the photos are taken.

I admired Mr. Souza when he was the photographer for Reagan as well. Good post!

Erin J. Photography Blog said...

That's awesome! Thanks for posting that clip. It's inspiring for those of us who shoot "ordinary" people.

Natalie Franke said...

I loved that quote when I heard it this afternoon! I immediately thought of you too!! Hahaha =)

melissa said...

Senator Bennett!! I met him once in Utah - good guy. And what a statement!