Friday, January 23, 2009

Published in I DO FOR BRIDES


Last summer my friend Kristen Leigh asked me to second shoot with her at Hadiya & Akeel's wedding at Brookside Gardens in Maryland, just outside D.C.. A few months later Kate Parrott from I Do For Brides for the DC, Maryland & Virginia issue magazine contacted me about the photos after coming across them in my blog. This was weird because it was not my wedding as a primary shooter, but my blog gets a lot of traffic and Google ranks it well. Kate thought it would make a great featured wedding, so I put her in touch with Kristen to finalize the process. Kristen was so kind enough to allow Kate to give me photo credit as well. You rock girl! Be sure to visit Kristen's blog and mine to see more photos. What's interesting is Kristen & I have different shooting styles & post-processing methods. While we both specialize in a photojournalistic approach, our brands are quite different. This results in a unique combination of images I must say. We really enjoy working together and will continue to back each other up in a pinch! The wedding & our photos are on pages 74-75 of I Do For Brides MD/DC/VA Winter/Spring 2009 issue. Check out our featured wedding below...




12 comments:

Erin J. Photography Blog said...

Congrats! How awesome to get published!

Denise M. Godfrey said...

That's fantastic, Armin! You deserve it!

Maggie said...

Wow that is awesome!

Alex Rodriguez said...

Sweet! Congrats....

Anonymous said...

Someone's famous! Congrats! JBoogie

Noah Hayes said...

Sweet!

Natalie Franke said...

So so so so so awesome =) Yay!!

JewBoy said...

Awesome! Consider this my express written consent to use our pictures in any magazine. They eat that inter-racial sh!t up.

Julia MacInnis Photography said...

what fun! yeah for BOTH of you guys!

Peter Bang said...

very nice!

Merryn Gomez said...

How exciting! Thats great!

Elena said...

This is so great! Congratulations, Armin!