Monday, February 9, 2009

25 Random Facts & Thoughts From Armin

This Top 25 list of random facts & thoughts have been going around Facebook. After dozens of friends tagging me to participate I gave in. As most of you know I HARDLY participate in these random surveys, I prefer to keep some things to myself. BUT I figured a little sharing won't hurt.

The rules are that once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

TOP 25:

1. Speed is fun, particularly fast cars and cars that can handle really well. I love carving the hilly back roads. My personal favs are the BMW 3 series and the Subaru WRX cars.

2. I love the automobile, some of my friends say I'm a walking automobile encyclopedia. It's only because I read Motor Trend, Edmunds.com, and a whole list of other car stuff. Although I'm a little rusty these days.

3. I wanted to be a record producer when I was a kid and drool over mixing consoles, although I haven't touched one in years!

4. I love carving the roads with my Subaru WRX. Next to my friend's 2004 BMW M3, it's one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. If you'd like me to test drive your car to ensure it meets the manufacturer's claims, call me ;)

5. These lists are silly, I'm only doing it because too many of my FB friends are bugging me to.

6. I was almost shot by a gang banger who was armed with a .38 revolver 10 yards away. That was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

7. Dark chocolate is my weakness, it's my kryptonite. If it's within 10 feet I feel very weak and need to consume a piece of it in order to regain my superhero strength.

8. Oh about #6, I was not a rival gangbanger. I was with cop '97 to '03 and chasing the dude down. I really thought he was going to fire, but I raised my Glock to the firing position and he thought twice =)

9. I took piano lessons growing up, I was classically trained.

10. I've seen things many of you will never ever see in your lifetime, and most of them were bad.

11. My wife, son & daughter are the best things in my life, words cannot describe my love for them.

12. I am blessed to be doing what I do for a living. I am happier and more fulfilled than when I was working for others. It would be hard to go back.

13. I share my wife's love for pizza! Although we haven't had it in a long time, lol.

14. I get to shoot some of the most amazing weddings of amazing couples around the country. I love my job, http://www.armindefiesta.com!

15. I love watching my son grow up, he's going to be a wonderful adult one day =) He'll be 7 this year.

16. My guy friends that have daughters told me that if I ever have a little girl of my own they can do no wrong... I totally get it now. Jordan's my little angel. I'm going to be a mess on her wedding day.

17. Traffic & congestion is my enemy, lol. I make an effort to plan my day & timing around known congested roadways and peak hours. I got it down to a science =)

18. I never got over 9/11, it really had an impact on me when I was a cop and it still does today.

19. I love helping others grow their photography business. I'm giving private workshops now and plan on launching a larger scale workshop in 2 years.

20. I like to do donuts in snow covered empty parking lots when no one is watching. Sometimes I have my kids with me and they love it.

21. Our future is still unwritten, but I have a strange feeling ours will have some good fortune.

22. The lines from Star Wars, Ep IV are engrained in my head. I think I watched it 1000 times as a kid.

23. I have to agree with my wife on HER #17 & 21 on her TOP 25 ;)

24. ... is the number of one of my favorite NASCAR drivers. Do YOU know who I'm talking about? Go ahead, hate away, lol. 4 Championships ain't nothing to sneeze at!

25. I believe the Mid-Atlantic has some of the most talented wedding & portrait photographers around. The world is in for a surprise.

0 comments: