Monday, March 9, 2009

Shelby & Brian - Photos and Video!


The weather was absolutely incredible over the weekend in Annapolis, what better time for a photo shoot! My friend & amazing photographer Natalie Franke & I had the best time photographing our friends Shelby & Brian's Lifestyle session. Yep, that's Shelby - the talented photographer behind Shelby Leigh Photography!

When it's a couple, I shoot it the same way I shoot engagement sessions. It's all about the couple and quality their time together in front of my lens, letting them be themselves and having a great time doing it. Natalie's boyfriend Hugh was kind enough to capture some Flip Mino HD video for me!

Please check out Natalie's blog post & Shelby's blog leave them some love! And enjoy the video & some of my favorites from the session.






Gotta love that soft diffused light from cloudy skies spilling straight down on your subjects' faces. Perfect flattering light!












And here's the uber talented Natalie Franke!

24 comments:

Natalie Franke said...

Your pictures seriously amaze me! =) I love the ones of Shelby and Brian laying down in the grass. && Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm learning from the best!

Erin Harvey said...

These are great! Shelby is totally a natural in front of the camera too. =)

Marta Locklear Photography said...

Great Session! Looks like you all had a blast!

Beth said...

What a fabulous session. The look on the faces of the folks in the lower right hand corner of #2 is cracking me up - is that why Shelby was laughing? Love the one with them seated by the blue building too!

Michael Rowley Photography said...

I like the video!

and of course excellent shoot as always!

melissa said...

The video is GREAT. I really, really love that!!

Also - the photos - geez Armin. Amazing! What do you use to edit your photos? These have such a good feel to them!

Ray Santana said...

HD you have it going on sweet bro...goodtimes

kristieblake said...

i truly LOVE these...great composition...
i cannot believe u posted the pix
WITH video in a day....
dare i say it??? yer rockin & rollin my friend...
shelby looked fantastic!

Armin DeFiesta said...

Thanks for the blog comments!

Alan B. said...

Great job with the editing. It flows nicely.

joe said...

the video looks rad! nice work! the photos look great too!

jennifer hunter photography said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Peter Bang said...

good stuff bro! the video is a nice touch.

Pauline at Elations Weddings said...

I really like this video. Armin you are multitalented. Keep the videos coming. Oh, and I love Shelby's blue nail polish and Brian's ink.....so cool

Sarah Hodzic said...

Armin, like I have said before... you rock!
Love this shoot, looks like a ton of fun.
Love the video too.

Michael + Anna Costa said...

gorgeous as usual! xoxo

kennykimdotcom said...

Isn't it fun shooting photographers? Good job!

Julia MacInnis Photography said...

what a fun day you all had! Loved all of it! Shelby is stunning as always!

Michal (relevant.impressionist) said...

Hi Armin, wonderful photos!
Thanks for the video, it is helpful. :)

Kori E said...

I've told Natalie how awesome her shots are, now I'm tell you you. :) You both are fantastic photographers

Val McCormick Photography said...

Gorgeous images, Armin. She is stunning. I can get lost in her eyes!

Tom said...

I have to say that your photos are absolutely beautiful. I don't get an opportunity to shoot much in Annapolis but if you get a moment please check out one of my recent video shoots in Washington DC. I'd love to hear what you think. http://www.suburbanvideo.com/cameliaandaarash

-Tom Trainor
Suburban Video

Washington DC Wedding Officiant - Serving All Faiths and All People Everyday said...

My couples are always looking for great photographers. It is good to see you out there

Suz said...

such poetic photos, gorgeous work!!